Standard Rigidizer is an economical alternative to Freeze Proof Rigidizer.
Caution:Freezing destroys Standard Rigidizer. It solidifies, permanently.
We can only ship 'Standard' Rigidizer in warm weather.
- Kaowool Rigidizer is a popular colloidal silica compound for treating surfaces of ceramic fiber refractory products (Inswool, forge insulation blanket). It provides a degree of surface stiffness, resistance to erosion, and protection from compression during coating with castables (if performed).
TIP: Use in conjunction with ITC 100 HT.
- While Rigidizer can't fully withstand metal welding heat, it helps give wool integrity resisting compression which would permanently diminish performance.
- It is very popular when applying coatings like ITC 100HT, and ITC 296A.
- Application of the famous ITC 100 ceramic reflective paint coating to Kaowool (or similar) is simply easier after it is rigidized. (It makes it less like trying to paint cotton balls).
- ITC itself is rated to 5000 °F, and by reflecting the heat from the surface of the wool, a typical 40% increase of forge efficiency, burning less fuel, & shortening heat up time.
- ITC further preserves the properties of the Rigidizer and the thermal wool by mitigating the heat transferred from the firebox.
- Surface coating for ceramic fiber blanket and modules exposed to high-velocity gases.
- Surface treatment for vacuum-formed fiber shapes to increase surface hardness.
- Increases surface hardness and resistance to erosion.
- Easily applied by brushing or spraying, a little goes a long way.
Size Options Available:
- 250 ml bottle - spray top
- 500 ml bottle - capped or spray top
Click here for Rigidizer SDS.