** Once Applied, to fully activate the Crystalization Phase - Expose the rigidized wool to a flame for a few minutes.**
This Standard Rigidizer is an economical alternative to Freeze Proof Rigidizer.
A popular colloidal silica compound for stiffening ceramic wool refractory fibre. (Inswool/Kaowool/forge insulation blanket).
CAUTION: Freezing destroys Standard Rigidizer. It solidifies, permanently.
We can only ship this 'Standard' Rigidizer in warm weather.
Order Freeze Proof Rigidizer if you need Rigidizer shipped during winter (Oct-April).
- It provides a degree of fibre stiffness, resistance to erosion, and protection from compression, especially before coating with castables (if performed).
- While Rigidizer can't fully withstand metal welding heat, it helps give wool integrity resisting compression which would permanently diminish performance.
- The application of performance/protective coatings to your forge liner is simply easier after it is rigidized. (It makes it less like trying to paint cotton balls).
- Commonly used prior to coatings like ITC 100HT, ITC 296A or Kast-O-Lite 30 which aid increasing the efficiency and longevity of your forge.
ITC is rated to 5000°F, and by reflecting the heat from the surface of the wool, brings a typical 40% increase of forge efficiency, burning less fuel, & shortening heat up time.
ITC also preserves the properties of the Rigidizer and the thermal wool by mitigating the heat transferred from the firebox.
- Surface coating for ceramic fiber blanket and modules exposed to high-velocity gases.
- Surface treatment for vacuum-formed fiber shapes to increase surface hardness.
- Increases surface hardness and resistance to erosion.
- Easily applied by brushing or spraying, a little goes a long way.
Size Options Available:
- 250 ml bottle - spray top
- 500 ml bottle - spray top
Click here for Rigidizer SDS.