Rated at 3000 °F (beyond steel welding heat). A lightweight, high alumina insulating castable with a hydraulic set. It can be used on its own, or as a layer over top of wool (best to toughen up the wool first with our freeze proof rigidizer to prevent its compression during application), etc.
- Kast-O-Lite 30 LI Plus does not have the density and burner durability of MIZZOU, but it is lighter and offers superior insulation.
- This keeps your forge walls cooler on the outside, and warmer inside.
- aluminum furnace stacks
- aluminum holding furnace doors
- furnace discharge doors
- air heaters
- hot face or back up linings
- petrochemical heaters
- 1 Gallon Pails = 1/6 of a full bag.
- 2 Gallon Pails = 1/3 Bag.
- 55 lb Bags.
Once cured, Kast-O-Lite can be coated with ITC 100 HT to optimize forge efficiency, or with ITC-296A for improved flux resistance.
Do you have more than 1 bag of Castable Refractory in your cart?
If so, the online shipping quotes will probably be wrong!! The automated shipping algorithm has a hard time calculating for that weight/dimension. In turn the quotes come in WAY TOO HIGH. Please contact us for a manual quote - it will usually be much better!!
HOW? Just abandon your cart with your proper shipping address, and then contact us with either:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 1-888-470-0010
- Text: 587-401-2288
Include your name and request 'better shipping'. We'll have all your info to get some shipping options quickly.