Kast-O-Lite 30 LI G is a lightweight, insulating gunning castable rated to 3000°F. It has great insulating qualities similar to the Kast-O-Lite LI 30 PLUS however, it has a higher lime content. This means it sets up/hardens quicker (5-10 minute work time) compared to Kast-O-Lite 30 LI Plus' (30 minute work time).
- Lightweight with moderate density and excellent strengths.
- High alumina, and low iron content aids in flux resistance.
- Low thermal conductivity, and low rebound.
- The 'G' stands for 'gunning mix'. This makes it easier to apply up the side of a forge as it does not slump like casting grade. It will have slightly less of a compression grade, but in a forge this is not an issue.
You can cast it, or mix and then apply it over Kaowool to add an additional protective layer. If applying to Koawool, it's best to toughen up the wool first with our freeze-proof rigidizer to prevent its compression during application.
- Aluminum furnace stacks and aluminium holding furnace doors.
- Reheat furnace discharge doors.
- Petrochemical heaters and air heaters.
Reheat furnace backup linings, sulphur recovery unit backup linings, catalytic reformer backup linings behind stainless steel shrouds.
KastOLite 30 LI G + Castable is about 50% less dense than 'DENSE' castables like KS-4V dense castable which is better for applications like make a Ribbon Burner.
Kast O Lite 30 Li G is Available In:
- 1 Gallon Pail
- 2 Gallon Pail
- 55 lb Bag
Once cured, Kast-O-Lite can be coated with ITC 100 HT to optimize forge efficiency, or with ITC 296A for improved flux resistance.
Click here for the SDS and the technical data sheet.