Soft-Ride's patented and interchangeable Gel Orthotic Inserts are the heart of the Soft-Ride gel boots system. These orthotics conform to and support the sole of the hoof and the hoof wall.
Soft-Rides provide unparalleled relief/comfort for your horse during periods of:
- Acute lameness, founder, or laminitis.
- Between classes at a show.
- Trailering and transporting.
- Stabling on hard surfaces.
- Hoof injury or disease.
Sold in pairs, complete with Standard Turquoise Insoles (soft yet durable).
Replacement or specialty orthotics are available and can be purchased separately.
Important Sizing Notes:
The Smallest size is a size 10.
Soft-Ride recommends these guidelines when measuring your horse and using Soft-Ride boots. Correctly measuring the hoof will ensure a comfortable fit for your horse and help prevent premature wear of the boot. Watch the video and carefully follow the steps below to ensure accurate measurements:
- Measure your horse’s hooves shortly after they have been trimmed. This will help ensure that the boot is not too big.
- Note, it’s also important to keep your horses' hooves trimmed. This will help ensure continued proper fitment and help prevent damage to the boot.
- Measure each hoof to check for discrepancies in hoof size. You may find it necessary to order a different size boot for each foot if a correct trim is not possible. If that is the case, we recommend ordering directly from Soft-Ride.
- Once you have your measurements, reference the Soft-Ride size chart to find the boot size required.
- When you receive your Soft-Ride boots, remove the Gel Orthotic and hold it up to the bottom of the hoof. The Gel Orthotic should overlap the hoof by up to a quarter inch on all sides to allow for some growth before the hoof is trimmed again.
- If the foot overlaps the Gel Orthotic in length or width, then the boot is too small. Alternatively, if the pad engulfs the foot, it's too large.