The Frost/RIB nail is designed for increased traction. The head has a normal rectangular form that fits firmly into the fuller, but is extended and ends in a wedge-shaped point. The head fits into the shoe as normal, but the top of the head forms a wedge to protrude above the level of the shoe to aid in traction. The RIB-nail is designed for horses that require additional grip with every step - for example trekking ponies in rough and variable terrain.
Good to Know:
- Increased traction with every step.
- Rectangular head with an extended wedge shaped point on top.
- Great for variable and rough terrain.
- Note these are shorter nails.
- Large crown has the potential to put pressure on the hoof wall.
- Frost 4 = 50mm
- Frost 5 = 53mm
- Frost 6 = 56mm
Sold per box (Size 4 and 6 = 100 Nails/Box).
Sold per box (Size 5 = 250 Nails/Box).