RESCOCAST 8 is an easy-to-use, fine-grained, hand-castable, insulating, 2800°F, medium-weight refractory that finishes nicely.
- 46% Alumina. withstands up to 950 psi, with a cured density of 89 lb/ft3.
- When mixed properly it is 'hand-packable' (it does not automatically 'self-level', or slump, making it suitable for hand casting).
- VERY low iron content (0.5-0.7% iron) which aids in flux resistance. Welding Flux's damage to refractories is amplified by their iron content.
- Max Temp: 2800°F (Safely above a propane forge's max temp).
- Typical mix with 27% water by weight for Hand Casting.
- 1 Gallon Pail
- 2 Gallon Pail
- 55 lb Bag
Click here for Application Info & SDS.