Limited Inventory amount of 1.5" thick 2200°F Refractory Wool at a super price!
Special Mid-Heat Refractory Wool Ceramic Fiber Blanket. PLEASE NOTE: All pre-cut lengths are sold in square feet. They are always 2 feet wide (unless otherwise stated).
- Pizza ovens.
- Farm incinerators.
- Smelters for melting aluminum, copper, or brass.
- Heat treating ovens.
- Salt baths.
- Glass kilns.
It can also be a suitable backup insulation layer behind high temp wool in some applications. 2200°F wool has a steady heat rating of 2050°F.
With ratings just 400°F under our 2600° welding blanket, this is a great high-quality alternative at roughly half the cost and is great for environments not exposed to full forge welding heat ratings.
Common Installation Practice:
1) Place the wool against a rigid structure (either steel, brick, or stone) and stabilize with mechanical clips and/or adhesives.
2) Stiffen the wool with a Rigidizer Spray.
3) Coat with a 1/4'' layer of Kastolite 30 LI G or Kastolite 30 LI + refractory cement for increased durability.
4) Addition of a thin coating of ITC-100 HT as the last 'interior layer' will optimize heat reflection and efficiency.
Click here for SDS.