The TK Sliders are a high quality sliding plate designed by Troy Kerr, farrier of worlds champion reining horses. The TK Slider was developed to offer extensive benefits regarding function, soundness, hoof health, and ease & correctness of application.
Click here for application instructions.
- Bold toe allows for an efficient drive position, eliminating one of the greatest causes of stress in the hind leg mechanism.
- Efficient breakover = longer stride length & relieved pressure on rear tendons, joints and muscles.
- Reduced chance of stumbling or stubbing a hind toe.
- The deeper driving and freer moving a horse is, the more balanced they will be in all athletic maneuvers; especially stops, fast circles and hard turns.
- Allows the hind toe to be better orientated to the coffin bone, providing optimum support directly beneath the central structure of the hind foot.
- Stability promotes confidence & critical physical support during difficult maneuvers such as sliding stops.
- The horse can feel where their foot is
Closer Fitting Toe:
- The ability to fit the TK Slider full on the hoof but close at the toe results in a decreased incidence of over-reaching.
- A truer hind foot flight path makes for improved overall balance of the horse, and the bold toe is less likely to snag a front foot if over-reaching does occur.
- The full fit to the rest of the hoof promotes solid support and protection, resulting in a sounder and more athletic horse.
- The inside branches are designed to avoid interfering with the ground contact that the hoof needs for good circulation.
- Opening the sole up to the ground surface allows the frog to make close contact with the ground, thus supplying good circulation.
- The straight inside branches allow even the deepest soils to transfer across the bottom of the foot with ease.
- Outside Edge Follows Natural Radius of the Foot.
- Provides a full fit to the hoof, yet is designed to stay under the horse.
- The shape of the shoe offers optimal protection with minimal interference.
Horses That Would Benefit from TK Sliders:
- Athletic Horses that are required to complete difficult & strenuous maneuvers.
- Horses with elongated toes on the hind end.
- Horses with a short, choppy stride in the hind end.
- Horses with a history of lameness in the hind legs, hips, and/or pain in back, lumbar region & gluteal muscle. (Usually associated with an inability to move over the foot and drive back into the ground.)
Hind 0 - 4.5" wide x 5-3/4" long
Sold in pairs (2 shoes).
Made in the USA.