Rescocast 8 is considered a medium-weight, hi-temp insulating castable. Semi-formable or moldable, it can be installed by either casting or gunning.
- Rescocast-8 is considered an INSULATING castable.
- When mixed properly it is 'packable', & does NOT slump into a self-leveling slurry.
- VERY low iron content (0.5% iron) which aids in flux resistance. Welding Flux's damage to refractories is amplified by their iron content.
- Maximum service temperature: 2800°F (1538°C). This is higher than the maximum attainable temperature of propane @ atmospheric pressures.
- Water needed is 600 MLS for a 2-gallon pail of Rescocast-8.
- Warm castables to room temp before activating with water.
- Don't expose to freezing until fully cured and dried out.
- 1 Gallon Pail
- 2 Gallon Pail
- 55 lb Bag