No. 36 refractory cement is a very strong, air-setting 3200°F refractory mortar. It comes premixed in ready-to-use pails (from 1/4, 1/2, 1 pint, to 1 & 2-gallon pails).
It can be used as:
- the structural mortar between bricks,
- surface repair/patching compound in forges, kilns, ovens, and foundries.
- though other products like ITC 213 and Satinite are more popular, No 36 mortar can also be used to create Hammon lines on knife blades.
- It is a very fine grain structure and is easily trowelled.
A small amount of water can be added and thoroughly mixed if a softer, more fluid consistency is desired.
No. 36 Mortar (Magic Mortar 36) contains 67% Alumina, and its special binders give it nearly twice the compressive strength of the general-purpose refractory mortar 'SAIRSET', and it offers greater flux resistance.
- Wet Mortar 780 psi
- 1.2% Iron
- High strength 67% Alumina
- Air setting
- Rated to 3200°F
Click here for TECHNICAL DATA SHEET and INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.