** Don't let the great price fool you. These are great little anvils, and they are probably underpriced by a couple hundred dollars.
Quality alloy steel castings (NOT cast iron), precision-milled and heat treated. The Big Face Anvil gives you a 4" wide working table typically only found in heavier anvils. Popular for shoeing, knifemaking, and light blacksmithing.
- turning cams on the tapering heel just behind the pritchel hole.
- a 1.25'' chamfered round turning hole.
- opposing square & round clip-horns for making great clips, and square toes (versatility for the left-handed).
- dual-purpose full-sized 1" Hardie hole.
- this model comes with a 1/4" slot cut across the face for ease of punching nail holes, etc.
- Weight = 70 lbs
- Face = 4" x 6"
- Heel = 3 1/4" x 5"
- Horn = 3 1/2" x 8"
- Height = 8 3/4"
- Base = 11" x 9"
Made in the USA.
NOTE: We have sold hundreds of NC anvils without a single issue or return. I have done metallurgical assays on the anvils and I personally Rockwell Test every lot of anvils received for peace of mind nothing has escaped being tempered properly (…an issue with some OTHER manufacturers…)