** Don't let the great price fool you. These are great little anvils, and they are probably underpriced by a couple hundred dollars.
The extra-wide face gives you the working area of a much heavier anvil, making it very popular for knifemaking, shaping horseshoes and light blacksmithing.
The combination of design versatility, value, and quality make this a very popular anvil.
These anvils are made of an Alloyed cast or ductile Steel (NOT cast iron), for consistency, and strength.
- turning cams on the heel.
- opposing square & round clip-horns great for making clips & square toes (also convenient if you're left-handed).
- a great 1.25" round chamfered turning hole in the heel.
- a 1" Hardie hole in the horn for 7/8" hardie tools, unless sanded to fit.
- a pritchel hole in the thinned heel.
- Weight = 70 lbs
- Overall Length = 19"
- Face = 4" x 6"
- Heel = 3 1/4" x 5"
- Horn = 3 1/2" x 8"
- Height = 8 3/4"
- Base = 11" x 9"
Made in the USA.
NOTE: We have sold hundreds of NC anvils without a single issue or return. I have done metallurgical assays on the anvils and I personally Rockwell Test every lot of anvils received for peace of mind nothing has escaped being tempered properly (…an issue with some OTHER manufacturers…)