Note: These shoes are sold as singles (one shoe)
Designed by Professor Jean-Marie Denoix. The Asymetrix shoe has branches of different widths: one wide branch with an onion heel and one narrow beveled branch. Made from 10mm thick hi-tech non-tempered aluminum alloy can be used for risk-free hot shoeing up to 450°C. Comes with clips that can be ground off with customization.
PRINCIPLE AND INTERACTION WITH THE GROUND:
- The wider branch with provides support (ie floatation on soft footing) and is applied on the injured side of the limb.
- The opposite branch is narrower and bevelled which facilitates sinking (in soft footings) and break-over to this side.
- These features combine to provide support and reduce strain on the injured side, to which the wider branch is applied.
- A gentle rolling motion is facilitated with the bevelled toe and onion heels.
BIOMECHANICAL AND KINE-THERAPEUTIC EFFECTS:
- Depending on the application of the shoe (medial or lateral wide branch): re-balances the foot in case of lateral or medial overload.
- Re-balances the joints in case of deviation of the distal limb. Reduces tension on collateral ligaments.
- Distal Limb deviation: valgus or varus (medial wide branch if valgus or lateral wide branch if varus).
- Subchondral compression bone lesions (narrow branch on the side of the lesion to reduce pressure).
- Desmopathy of collateral ligaments (wide branch on the side of the lesion to reduce tension).
If it is not necessary to treat both feet, a shoe with similar traction dynamics is usually appropriate on the contra-lateral (other) healthy foot, such as the Delta Challenger TS7 though this detail can be adjusted to suit individual details.
**Sold as each (1 Shoe)*** Select which side the wide supporting branch needs to be on when the horse is wearing the shoe, (as seen from above and behind).