LAUREL BALM FOR THE MAINTENANCE & PROTECTION OF HORSE'S HOOVES
This is our favorite hoof dressing that we recommend to help prevent hairline cracks in the hoof walls. Regular use protects the hoof wall from wet/dry cycling by preserving a balanced moisture level.
Maintaining the suppleness, elasticity, and balance of horses' hooves calls for the use of top-quality products, amongst other things. Kevin Bacon's Hoof Dressing has been made according to traditional methods for more than 32 years. It is a 100% natural product made from animal fat and fresh laurel leaves that are macerated to release their active substances.
- This hoof dressing does not merely give the horn a pretty shine, it penetrates and nourishes the hoof deep down.
- Using it regularly keeps the hoof wall from drying out, protects it from dampness, and activates horn growth.
- All of these properties make the Kevin Bacon's Hoof Dressing a remarkable product that is used and recommended by all riding professionals.
Application for normal use:
- Apply the grease with a brush or hands directly onto the outside, sole, and frog of each foot.
- Care for sound hooves: 2 applications a week.
- Before a competition: 1 application (for show worthy sheen).
- In dry weather: 4-5 applications a week.
Application for more intensive use for very dry hooves:
- Hose down the feet a few minutes, and then dry them off.
- Next apply the Kevin Bacon's Hoof Dressing. Applying the grease with a brush or hands directly onto the outside, sole, and frog of each foot.
- Repeat this operation daily for one week.
Made in France.