Keratex Hoof Putty is a semi-permanent wax that helps to repair as it seals and stabilizes hoof separation. Particularly useful when your horse is recovering from an abscess, or puncture. It prevents grit, mud, and debris from getting jammed up into the hole and damaging the recovery process. The adhesive filling mixture disinfects as well, making it the perfect aid to recovery while also enabling the owner to turn out with confidence.
- Plugging a small, uninfected puncture hole after thoroughly disinfecting the area. Allows you to turn out straight away when a poultice is not required.
- Plugging a puncture/hole left behind after an abscess has been cleared and drained. Applying after thoroughly disinfecting the area, when a poultice is required, allows you to turn out with confidence after the poultice has been removed.
- Farriers often use it an additional shock absorber/comforter when used between the lily pad and frog in ponies with founder related problems.
How To Apply:
- Please note that Putty will be hard while in the tin but will soften in your hands as you mold the shape you require.
- To use, simply mold the adhesive putty in clean hands and press into the cavity until you have a dense plug for best results.
Keratex Hoof Putty is allowed by the Jockey Club and the FEI.
Made in the UK.
An alternative or complement is Copper Sulfate - a powder with antiseptic properties used on its own or in combination with other products.