The Medium Hoofjack® will accommodate a pony up to a small draft or draft cross (hooves up to a size 7 shoe or less than 7 ¾” wide). The Medium Hoofjack® base has the same diameter as the Standard Hoofjack® base, but is 3" shorter.
**Horses with hooves over 7 3/4" wide will require the Hoofjack Draft Cradle**
The Medium Hoofjack® came about as a response to calls received over the years from people saying they were having difficulty keeping their heels on the ground when using the cradle on a front hoof. It was realized this was because the Standard Hoofjack® base was too tall for someone under 5'10" (or a floor to bottom of kneecap distance of less than 18”) when using the cradle on the front hoof. Hoof Jacks are made in the USA.
The Medium Hoofjack® is ideal for:
- Smaller ponies (under 12 hands).
- The geriatric or injured horse with a limited range of motion.
- The user who is under 5'10" wanting to use the cradle on the front feet. Additional criteria to determine if the medium Hoofjack® is right for you is to measure the distance from the ground to the bottom of your kneecap. If that distance is less than 18” the medium Hoofjack® would be the best choice.
- The Medium Hoofjack® includes one medium base, medium cradle, and one medium straight post with a standard rubber cap.
- Supports the hoof for daily care, treatment, bandaging, and more.
- Pull a shoe, trim, rasp, and nail on a new shoe without ever putting the hoof between your knees or supporting the horse with your body.
- The solution for the leaning horse - let the horse lean on the stand and not on you.
- Accommodates older horses with a limited range of motion.
- Allows the horse to stand in an anatomically correct and comfortable position. A comfortable horse will be more compliant making your job easier and safer.
- The cradle and straight post can be used on both the front and hind feet meaning you never have to support the weight of the horse.
- Use the straight post for clipping or applying hoof polish
- Apply and remove studs with ease
The Medium Hoofjack® /Stand Includes:
- 1x Medium base is made of linear polyethylene (comes with a three-year warranty against horse breakage).
- 2x Strong 90 lb pull magnets to hold your rasp, nippers, hoof knife, etc.
- 1x Medium Post + Rubber Cap.
- 1x Medium Hoof Cradle.
Medium Hoofjack® Colour Options:
- Green - all other color options have been discontinued in the medium base.
Medium Hoofjack® Dimensions:
- Base Height = 9.25''
- Base Width = 18''
- Cradle Height Adjustment = 11.5'' - 17''
- Post Height Adjustment = 11" - 19"
NOTE: HoofJacks are available in Standard and Mini Sizes and another manufacturer makes an Aluminum HoofJack.