This popular industry standard hammer is ergonomically designed by Master Blacksmith Uri Hofi and made by Big Blu who trained with Hofi. They are designed to work with the natural movements of the body. This hammer is a must if your elbow is gone. The hammer has a totally different swing action. The mass, located so close to the handle, lets the hammer do the work.
- Made from top-quality forged and heat-treated tool steel.
- Finished and fitted with tapered shock mounted wood handle. The handle head is surrounded by silicone to absorb vibrations while offering a loose grip to aid in the prevention of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Used by both Blacksmiths, Farriers, and Masons.
- These hammers are all hand dressed and finished by experts.
1.5 lb - Square face =1 1/4"
Cross pein = 1 1/4"
Head length = 3 3/4"
Overall length = 11 1/4"
2.5 lb - Square face = 1 1/2" x 1 1/4"
Cross pein = 1 1/2" wide by 3/8"
Head length = 4 1/4".
Overall length =11 3/4
3.5 lb - Square face = 1 3/4" x 1 1/2"
Cross Pein = 1 5/8" by 3/8"
Head length = 4 1/8"
Overall length =11 1/2"
Square faces and Cross Pein faces are polished with softly beveled edges
Uri Hofi uses the edge of the hammer to fuller material in a single direction. This is one of his secrets to moving metal quickly and easily.
- If you strike the metal with the face of the hammer, metal moves in all directions.
- If you strike the metal with the edge of the hammer, metal moves in a direction perpendicular to the edge. This is great for drawing iron.
- Useful when fullering material as well. Uri frequently uses it to spread leaf designs in a specific direction.
The shape of the hammer allows it to be easily tilted during a blow without throwing off the center of gravity; this is important for accurate blows.
Forged hammers will vary somewhat as they are hand forged and hand dressed.
Made in the USA.