NOTE: These shoes are shaped like a FRONT Avanti Steel, making it a great option for those who require a wedge/degree in a steel shoe.
The Graduated Hind Steel horseshoes are designed to the fit the foot in a balanced fashion around the widest part (essentially the center of rotation of the coffin joint). In addition to balancing the shoe around the coffin bone, the Graduated Hind shoe has a unique wedged design with features that help keep the weight to a minimum.
This steel shoe has a 3 degree elevation in the heels with extended fullering that is deeper in the rear of the shoe. The heels have been pre-center punched for more easily drilling and tapping the shoe for studs. There are 6 nails holes (primary and secondary) to each side for multiple nailing options.
Special Design Features:
- Graduated (wedged) heel design.
- Convex radius inner rim for optimal traction and reduced weight.
- Well seated-out past the toe-quarters to eliminate the chance of sole pressure.
- Heel have been pre-boxed (safed).
- Center punch mark in heels for easy drilling & tapping for studs.
- Easy to shape/convert to a front shoe for horses requiring a steel degree shoe.
The Graduated Hind horseshoes are used for a wide variety of disciplines including:
- Any application where a wedged steel shoe is needed.
In cases of minor lameness issues or strained deep flexor tendons, the Graduated Hind can be extremely helpful.
Hind Sizes Available (Quarter Clipped Only):
Hind 00 = 4.50" Wide x 4.75" Long
Hind 0 = 4.75" Wide x 5.00" Long
Hind 1 = 5.00" Wide x 5.25" Long
Hind 2 = 5.25" Wide x 5.50" Long
Hind 3 = 5.50" Wide x 5.75" Long
Hind 4 = 5.75" Wide x 6.00" Long
Hind 5 = 6.00" Wide x 6.25" Long
Sold per pair (2 shoes). A full box = 10 pairs.