The original ready-to-use hoof packing is an industry favorite because it flat-out works. Forshner's® Hoof Packing features the same great formula horse owners and horseshoers have depended on for over 25 years.
- Aids in the prevention of hardened frogs, contracted heels and hoof dryness.
- Contains vital oils to help retain moisture, and promote hoof health.
- Excellent for use under pads before shoeing or after hard workouts
Directions for Use
- Make sure hoof is thoroughly CLEAN and DRY. Pack in around frog. Spread layer over sole and cover with paper.
- Apply two or three times a week. For easier application in cold weather, keep where warm.
How to pack a hoof:
- Make sure hoof is clean and dry. Take a small amount of Forshner's (about the size of a golf ball) and work in your hands until pliable.
- Pack firmly around the frog.
- Continue to cover sole of hoof completely. (Cover with paper or straw if needed.*)
- Remove with hoof pick before working horse.
- Forshner's Hoof Packing can also be covered with a pad prior to shoeing.