The Equilox 1 is their slower setting formula adhesive hoof repair system. It is a flexible resin which can be used for anything from:
- glue-on shoes
- restoring hoof wall integrity
- major hoof reconstruction
- patching cracks
- foal extensions
- preventing infection
Once applied, Equilox sets up in minutes. When cured the hoof can then be rasped, nailed and trimmed just like a natural hoof wall. Properly used, Equilox is a new tool to fix old problems. The Stubbie is sufficient for a once-off application and manageable to use.
Set Time: sets up in 6 - 8 minutes, final cure in 10 -13 minutes at 21° Celsius.
Shelf Life: at least 6 months from fill date on the label, longer if kept refrigerated.
Note: the 150 ml cartridge fits into a regular caulking gun with a required 'Stubbie' adapter. Recommended use with the Large Applicator Mixing Tips.
The Equilox Advantage:
- remains flexible enough after curing to be filed and shaped.
- superior tensile strength remains intact while enduring tremendous wear & tear.
- long-lasting & resilient remains bonded to the hoof for up to 8 weeks or more.
- once cured it maintains the same properties as the hoof wall and can be rasped, nailed, & trimmed.
- grows out with the hoof wall, & can be trimmed off.
- cures faster with lack of oxygen (wrapping the hoof), & when heat is applied. Alternatively, refrigerate to lengthen the cure time.
- contains an etching agent specifically for glue-on aluminum shoes, so footwear goes in place and, once cured, stays there.
Developed in 1988 after many trials and extensive research at leading universities and equine centers throughout the U.S. The Equilox Adhesive Hoof Repair System was originally used to treat competitive horses. Now, Equilox Adhesive is used by vets, farriers, equine centers, horse owners, as well as various zoo and wildlife centers throughout the world.