Equilox Adhesive is an extremely strong resin that can be used for anything from repairing small quarter cracks to reconstructing an entire hoof wall. Yet, it's flexible enough for easy filing, shaping, and even nailing (especially within 4 hours of application)
Best practice for the Equilox to be long-lasting is to properly prep the foot beforehand. Trim, and then sand the intended adhering surface to create texture for the glue to bite into... and of course ensure the foot is dry prior to application.
Each jar is single-use and comes with 2 separate components. Once mixed together they start to cure in 4 - 7 minutes. We recommend storing it in your fridge, or with an ice pack in order to slow down that set time if needed for more in-depth applications.
a) Equilox can be premixed with KEVLARFIBERS to increase its overall strength by 50%.
b) Use equilox to saturate a Strong Fabric Reinforcement Material (Cobrasox, Spectra or Polyester Tubes) for ultimate strength to span cracks or voids, even in layers.
The jars are handy to have on hand as they do not require a dispensing gun or mixing tips in order to apply. However, the following items will assist with the application:
- Nitrile or latex Gloves (to protect your hands)
- Scissors (to cut open the included packet of the accelerator)
- Mixing sticks/tongue depressors (to mix it together)
- Paper towel (to wipe away any excess)
- Duct tape/Vetrap (optional to protect hair along the cornet, or those with long feathers)
- Plastic Wrap (optional if trying to trap it in a certain area or assisting with holding glue-on shoes in place until it's set).
- Colour (Black or Tan)
- Size (1 or 2 oz Jars)
*Please note that this product does heat up when curing. When applying on foals, it is important to monitor the heat of the foot so as not to 'cook it'. We recommend keeping a bucket of cool water with a damp cloth nearby to be applied (on top of a plastic barrier) if the foot gets too hot. This will help take the heat out of the foot and slow down the set time.*
Click HERE for more instructions.