The Equilox 1 is their slower setting formula adhesive hoof repair system. It is a flexible resin which can be used for anything from:
- glue-on shoes
- restoring hoof wall integrity
- major hoof reconstruction
- patching cracks
- foal extensions
- preventing infection
Once applied, Equilox sets up in minutes. When cured the hoof can then be rasped, nailed, and trimmed just like natural hoof wall. The Stubbie is sufficient for a once off application and manageable to use.
Set Time: sets up in 6 - 8 minutes, final cure in 10 -13 minutes at 21° Celsius.
Shelf Life: at least 6 months from fill date on the label, longer if kept refrigerated.
Note: the 150 ml cartridge fits into a regular caulking gun with a required 'Stubbie' adapter. Recommended use with the Large Applicator Mixing Tips.
The Equilox Advantage:
- remains flexible enough after curing to be filed and shaped.
- superior tensile strength remains intact while enduring tremendous wear & tear.
- long-lasting & resilient remains bonded to the hoof for up to 8 weeks or more.
- once cured it maintains the same properties as the hoof wall and can be rasped, nailed, & trimmed.
- grows out with the hoof wall, & can be trimmed off.
- cures faster with lack of oxygen (wrapping the hoof), & when heat is applied. Alternatively, refrigerate to lengthen the cure time.
- contains an etching agent specifically for glue-on aluminum shoes, so footwear goes in place and, once cured, stays there.