Designed by Professor Jean-Marie Denoix. The Laminitix is a "W" shaped heart bar shoe with open toe. Wide rear surface that runs under the heels and provides ground bearing surface on the frog. Made from hi-tech aluminium alloy.
PRINCIPLE AND INTERACTION WITH THE GROUND:
- Bar-shoe with transversal piece providing wide ground bearing surface surface to support the rear part of the foot.
- Frog ground bearing surface to support the foot under the frog.
- No ground bearing surface in the toe.
- The toe opening provides an access to treat sole necrosis.
- Injecting hard silicone (MV2-50A) in the foot’s rear provides better load distribution on the cross piece.
BIO-MECHANICAL AND KINE-THERAPEUTIC EFFECTS:
- Transfers weight-bearing to the rear of the foot.
- Supports the distal phalanx.
- Eliminates painful ground bearing surface of the toe and minimizes dorsal compression of the coronary chorion.
- Symptomatic chronic laminitis, provided the horse can be shod.
- For moderate to medium lesions: shoeing only.
Non-tempered alloy can be used for risk-free hot shoeing up to 450°C.
Comes with clips that can be ground off with customization.
Thickness 10 mm for wear resistance.
Sold per pair (2 shoes).