Designed by Professor Jean-Marie Denoix. The same model as the Bonapartix® S, but includes a Protective Part (PP) for the toe. Rear support under the base of the frog. Front shape. Made from hi-tech aluminium alloy.
PRINCIPLE AND INTERACTION WITH THE GROUND:
- Wide rear ground bearing surface surface to increase support and limit heel penetration on compacted and penetrable grounds.
- Pierced plate with offset holes to facilitate shoe forging when a narrower or wider shape is required.
- Bevelled outer rim at rear to reduce rear lever arm and limit the ‘snowshoe’ effect during the foot landing phase.
- Bevelled full toe for maximum promotion of forward rolling whilst protecting the front of the foot.
- Bevel on toe quarters to limit collateral motion and rotation during propulsion in turns.
BIOMECHANICAL AND KINETHERAPEUTIC EFFECTS:
- Reduces the stresses on the navicular bone and the deep digital flexor tendon.
- Generally, reduces the stresses on the podotrochlear apparatus and the interphalangeal joints.
- Recommended for horses that overuse the toe when fitted with the Bonapartix® S. open shoe.
- Grade 3 navicular syndrome.
- Pathology of the deep digital flexor tendon and accessory ligament (distal check ligament).
Non-tempered alloy can be used for risk-free hot shoeing up to 450°C.
Comes with clips that can be ground off with customization.
Thickness 10 mm for wear resistance.
Sold per pair (2 shoes).