Designed by Professor Jean-Marie Denoix. A reverse shoe also called “Napoléon shoe” in France. Rear ground bearing surface surface behind the heels and frog. Open toe Shorter version of the Bonapartix®L. Front shape. Made from hi-tech aluminium alloy.
PRINCIPLE AND INTERACTION WITH THE GROUND:
- Wide rear surface to increase support and to limit sinking of the heels into penetrable and compacted ground.
- Beveled outer rim at the rear part of the shoe to reduce rear lever arm.
- Open toe and beveled ends of branches to promote maximum rolling.
- Bevel on toe quarters to limit collateral motion and rotation during propulsion in turns.
BIO-MECHANICAL AND KINE-THERAPEUTIC EFFECTS:
- Reduces stresses on the distal sesamoid bone and on the deep digital flexor tendon.
- Reduces general stress on the podotrochlear apparatus and interphalangeal joint mechanics.
- Shorter shape than the L model for horses that overreach.
- Podotrochlear syndrome grade 3. Pathology of the deep digital flexor tendon and accessory ligament (distal check ligament).
- Shorter version of the Bonapartix®L.
Non-tempered alloy can be used for risk-free hot shoeing up to 450°C.
Comes with clips that can be ground off with customization.
Thickness 10 mm for wear resistance.
Sold per pair (2 shoes).