Designed by Professor Jean-Marie Denoix. The Asymetrix shoe has branches of different widths: one wide branch with onion heel, one narrow beveled branch. Made from hi-tech aluminium alloy.
PRINCIPLE AND INTERACTION WITH THE GROUND:
- The wide branch with onion provides support by limiting sinking on compacted and penetrable grounds.
- The narrow beveled branch increases sinking on penetrable ground (enlarged surface under the heel on the foot side for more comfort ).
- Beveled outer rim at toe and toe quarter opposite to the lesion to increase rolling.
BIO-MECHANICAL AND KINE-THERAPEUTIC EFFECTS:
- Depending on the application of the shoe (medial or lateral wide branch): re-balances the foot in case of lateral or medial overload.
- Re-balances the joints in case of deviation of the distal limb.
- Reduces tension on collateral ligaments.
- Distal Limb deviation: valgus or varus (medial wide branch if valgus or lateral wide branch if varus).
- Subchondral compression bone lesions (narrow branch on the side of the lesion to reduce pressure).
- Desmopathy of collateral ligaments (wide branch on the side of the lesion to reduce tension).
- Fronts = 3 Clips
- Hinds = 2 Clips
Non-tempered alloy can be used for risk-free hot shoeing up to 450°C.
Comes with clips that can be ground off with customization.
Thickness 10 mm for wear resistance.
Sold per pair (2 shoes).