Jim Blurton Stud Punch head is made from S1 tool steel which is an air hardened tool steel that can be easily maintained. The tool has been designed to punch a hole in the shoe to allow the use of a stud. The handle is 18” long to keep the users hand away from the hot steel and is made from high-quality hickory and grooved for grip.
- The Jim Blurton Stud Punch Wooden Handle offers the best performance when it is maintained well.
- It is recommended that sharpening of the stud punch is done at normal forging temperatures and allowed to air cool.
- The stud punch should ideally be placed on the side of the forge whilst cooling.
- It is not recommended that the stud punch is placed on a cold surface as sudden cooling may cause stress fractures.
- Any burrs that may occur on the head should be regularly ground back.
- 3/8'' = 10 mm
- 5/16'' = 8mm
Made in the UK.