The Jim Blurton stud punch is made from S1 tool steel, which is an air hardened tool steel that can be easily maintained. This hand held tool has been designed to punch a hole in the shoe to allow the use of a stud.
- The Jim Blurton stud punch offers the best performance when it is maintained well.
- It is recommended that sharpening of the stud punch is done at normal forging temperatures and allowed to air cool.
- The stud punch should ideally be placed on the side of the forge whilst cooling.
- It is not recommended that the stud punch is placed on a cold surface as sudden cooling may cause stress fractures.
- Any burrs that may occur on the head should be regularly ground back.
The stud punch was developed and tested at Jim’s forge in Mid Wales, it has been tested by some of the world’s leading farriers and equine experts.
Made in the UK.