The Lateral Extension Hind Horseshoe is used for many different things. They are very useful for horses that ‘Brush’ as it works by widening the horse’s gait during locomotion.
It can also be used as a support shoe and in the treatment of bone spavin. Horses with bone spavin attempt to unload the dorsal (front) aspect of the small tarsal joints by redistributing their weight. The lateral extension is used in an attempt to make the horse more comfortable, by changing the weight distribution.
Jim Blurton has made sure that the farrier can easily fit these and have confidence in their stability.
- A deeper fullering on the outside branch of the shoe maintains good strong nailing.
- The shoe has no welds, ensuring there are no weak points in the shoe.
- The shoe incorporates a roll toe and is safed off at the heel.
- Side clips are standard.
- Countersunk stud hole islands.
- Unique to these shoes they incorporate pitched nail holes providing a different angle for each nail making it easier to nail on.
- Hot fitting is recommended. Allow to cool slowly.
Available as part of the Jim Blurton remedial horse shoe range, the sports heart bar shoe design was developed and tested at Jim’s forge in Mid Wales. It has been tested by some of the world’s leading farriers and equine experts.
- Hind 0 = 5'' Wide x 5 1/2'' Long
- Hind 1 = 5 1/4'' Wide x 6'' Long
- Hind 2 = 5 1/2'' Wide x 6 1/4'' Long
- Hind 3 = 5 3/4'' Wide x 6 1/2'' Long
Made in the UK.
Sold in pairs (2 shoes).