The Jim Blurton JC stamp with wooden handle is designed to fit the European JC Head Nails. The handle is 18” long to keep the user's hand away from the hot steel and is made from high-quality hickory. The stamp is made from S1 tool steel which is an air-hardened tool steel and is easily maintained.
- The Jim Blurton JC stamp with wooden handle offers the best performance when it is maintained well.
- It is recommended that the sharpening of the JC stamp is done at normal forging temperatures and allowed to air cool.
- The JC stamp should ideally be placed on the side of the forge whilst cooling.
- It is not recommended that the JC stamp is placed on a cold surface as sudden cooling may cause stress fractures.
- Any burrs that may occur on the head should be regularly ground back.
The JC stamp was developed and tested at Jim’s forge in Mid Wales. It has been tested by some of the world’s leading farriers and equine experts.
Made in the UK.