The Jim Blurton draft stamp is a larger bodied stamp designed for working on larger shoes, allowing better dissipation of heat. It has a large head ideal for using with a striker and is designed to fit E Head Nails size 10, 12 and 14. The draft stamp is made from hardened and tempered H13 tool steel. The handle is 16” long to keep the users hand away from the hot steel and is made from high-quality hickory.
- The Jim Blurton draft stamp offers the best performance when it is maintained well.
- To sharpen the draft stamp it is recommended that this is done at normal forging temperatures and allowed to air cool.
- The draft stamp should ideally be placed on the side of the forge whilst cooling.
- It is not recommended that the draft stamp is placed on a cold surface as sudden cooling may cause stress fractures.
- Any burrs that may occur on the head should be regularly ground back.
The draft stamp was developed and tested at Jim's Forge in Mid Wales, as well as put to the test by industry professionals.
Made in the UK.