The Jim Blurton city head stamp wooden handle is designed to fit City Head Nails. The handle is 18” long, designed to keep the users hand away from the hot steel. The stamp is made from S1 tool steel which is an air hardened tool steel that can be easily maintained. The wooden handle is made from high-quality hickory.
- The Jim Blurton city head stamp with wooden handle offers the best performance when it is maintained well.
- To sharpen the city head stamp it is recommended that this is done at normal forging temperatures and allowed to air cool.
- The city head stamp should ideally be placed on the side of the forge whilst cooling.
- It is not recommended that the city head stamp is placed on a cold surface as sudden cooling may cause stress fractures.
- Any burrs that may occur on the head should be regularly ground back.
The City Head Stamp with Wooden Handle was developed and tested at Jim’s forge in Mid Wales. It has been tested by some of the world’s leading farriers and equine experts.
Made in the UK.