The Jim Blurton clipping punch with wooden handle is designed to set clips. The head of the tool is positioned under the centre to maximise the power of the hammer blow. The height of the clipping punch gives good visibility to the blade which is made from S1 tool steel. The wooden handle is 18” long to keep the users hand away from the hot steel and is made from high-quality hickory and grooved for grip.
- The clipping punch with wooden handle offers the best performance when it is maintained well.
- It is recommended that sharpening of the clipping punch is done at normal forging temperatures and allowed to air cool.
- The clipping punch should ideally be placed on the side of the forge whilst cooling.
- It is not recommended that the clipping punch is placed on a cold surface as sudden cooling may cause stress fractures.
- Any burrs that may occur on the head should be regularly ground back.
The clipping punch wooden handle was developed and tested at Jim’s forge in Mid Wales.
Made in the UK.