The AVANTI Steel PLR horseshoes are designed to the fit the foot in a balanced fashion around the widest part (which is essentially the center of rotation of the coffin joint).
In addition to balancing the shoe around the coffin bone, the AVANTI shoe incorporates an optimized leverage reduction design that will help reduce excessive strain and forces on many of the tendon, ligament, and soft tissue structures in & around the coffin joint.
Modeled after the very popular Aluminum PLR Shoes, the AVANTI brings many of those same performance and treatment benefits in a durable steel version.
Special Design Features:
- Optimal leverage reduction design (popular PLR design with a higher inner rim for medial/lateral movements).
- Gradual Tapered Ridges help control break-over resistance in arena surfaces.
- Hoof-to-Shoe centering markers.
- Convex radius inner rim for optimal traction and reduced weight.
- Well seated-out past the toe-quarters to eliminate the chance of sole pressure.
- Heels have been pre-boxed (safed).
- Center punch mark in heels for easy drilling & tapping for studs.
- Optional quarter clips
The AVANTI Steel PLR horseshoes are used for a wide variety of disciplines including:
- rope horses
- western performance
- English show horses.
In cases of minor lameness issues caused from excessive strain, leverage, and/or hoof distortions, the AVANTI shoes incorporate many features that have proven to help relieve or overcome these lameness problems.
Sizing Available in Fronts Only (Clipped and Unclipped Options):
- Front 000 = 4.25" Wide x 4.44" Long (Size not available yet)
- Front 00 = 4.50" Wide x 4.69" Long (Unclipped Only)
- Front 0 = 4.75" Wide x 4.94" Long
- Front 1 = 5.00" Wide x 5.19" Long
- Front 2 = 5.25" Wide x 5.44" Long
- Front 3 = 5.50" Wide x 5.69" Long
- Front 4 = 5.75" Wide x 5.94" Long
- Front 5 = 6.00" Wide x 6.19" Long
- Front 6 = 6.25" Wide x 6.44" Long (Size not available yet)
These horseshoes are protected under U.S. Patent No. 5,727,633 & U.S. Patent No. 8,826,996
Sold per pair (2 shoes). 10 pairs = 1 box.