Equines can suffer from a variety of lesions that affect their lower legs including:
- mud fever
- dew poisoning
- greasy heel
- summer sores
Silver Whinnys® provide the critical qualities in bandaging/leg protection that allow non-responding cutaneous (affecting the skin) lesions to finally heal.
They end the cycle of infection/re-infection. Silver inhibits the growth of bacteria and fungi in the socks. They are safe, non-toxic, drug-free bandages that obstruct disease-causing pathogens, insects, dirt, debris, and sunlight (UV) from penetrating the socks and reaching the skin
Note: machine washing the Sox and changing them every 24 HOURS restores the ability of the silver to perform.
It is recommended to have at least 2 pairs of Sox on hand. That way, while your equine is wearing one pair, you can then have the other in the wash and ready to go/switch out.
Purchasing a single pair is useful if:
- You want to give them a try to see if they can work for your horse.
- If you only have a wound/condition on one leg.
- Replacing a worn out/damaged single.
- Quarter/Standard Long (1 pair = 2 Socks)
- Warmblood/Thoroughbred Long (1 pair = 2 Socks)
Click here for sizing information.
Made in the USA.