Many years ago, Dr. Redden's Dalric Extension concept offered the world a new look at treating angular deformities in foals. He is now introducing the Nanric Foal Extension. A second-generation extension made of ABS plastic that is lightweight, easy to use, does not require sedation, and is very effective when used on young foals.
Valgus Fetlock (toed-in)
Varus Hock (windswept) or Valgus Knee (''knock-kneed''/toed out)
- Apply to the lateral side of the hoof. Early detection is the key, as the optimum response period is 5-30 days of age.
- The optimum window of response is 30-60 days.
Application: Valgus Hock (windswept)
- Clean the foot with a sanding block
- Fit the cuff to the foot using the center toe marker as a guide. Note the cuff length at the coronary band and trim when necessary.
- Apply composite. We recommend Vettec's Super Fast for 1-week-old foals and Equilox works well for older foals (though sedation may be required when using Equilox as it takes longer to cure).
- Warm the extension in cold weather to speed up set time.
Recommended Shoeing Schedule:
Age___________Duration of Wear
5 Days________5-10 Days
10 Days_______10-14 Days
2 Weeks_______2 Weeks
How to Remove the Nanric Foal Extension:
- When the Nanric Foal Extension is very secure, use a rasp or nipper to remove the extension.
- Be careful not to nip the foot!
Click here for Application Instruction Sheet.
Sold per pair (2 extensions).